Hello and happy Tuesday! This week’s prompt is to list the top 10 places mentioned in books that I’d like to visit. I thought long and hard about all the places I’d like to visit – and not just where, but when.
Turns out there aren’t that many places I’d like to visit in the real world (that I’ve read about till now) and since I read a lot of fantasy, there aren’t that many safe places/worlds that would be perfect for a vacation. 😜
- Scotland: The Outlander series is a favorite not just because of the amazing characters but also for the beautiful places it takes me to, like Scotland in the 1740s, which may not be the ideal time for a visit but present-day Scotland works too.
- New York City: NYC in the In Death series by JD Robb is highly advanced and would be a wonder to see. The year is 2058 AD and they have flying cars, space vacations (not that I’d want to go to another planet for a vacay), autochef, and all sorts of cool gadgets and utility items.
- Hogwarts & Hogsmeade: I did go to Hogwarts and Hogsmeade back in 2017 at the Universal Studios in LA but I want to go again! It was amazing walking around in Hogwarts, popping into all the shops in Hogsmeade and the Butterbeer was delicious! I want more Butterbeer! 😍
- Erilea: BUT only after the epilogue of Kingdom of Ash when the war is over and things have had time to calm down and rebuild. The Throne of Glass series is another of my favorites but I don’t think I’d survive if I went to Erilea when Celaena Sardothien was locked up at Endovier.
- Cabeswater: I read the Raven Cycle series earlier last year and Cabeswater just sounds like such a cool place to hang out – there’s no concept of time and a reader like me could just be so happy hanging out there, reading, sleeping, enjoying the nature. No pressure. 😉
- Paris: One of the places that are high on my To-Visit list in the real world. I haven’t read too many books set in Paris but Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly took me to the catacombs underneath the city and I would like to check those out sometime, no matter how spooky and terrifying they seem.
- Velaris: Well, obviously I’d go visit Rhys and Feyre and the rest of the gang at Velaris and see stars falling and Illyrians flying etc. It sounds absolutely magical! And just thinking about it right now is making me want to reread the ACOTAR trilogy.
- The Beast’s Library: This one’s kind of cheating. I haven’t read (or even own) Lost In A Book yet but just look at the cover! Shelves and shelves full of books. Who wouldn’t want to visit the Beast’s library? 😍
Not my top 10, but 8 places mentioned in books that I’d like to visit. I really had to think a LOT to get to 8 places. Most of the books I read have one or more of rebellion, injustice, magic wars, ancient evil powers, big bad villains, violence etc. – I love reading the stories but I really wouldn’t want to visit those worlds in such dark and dangerous times. 🤷♀️
How about you? Any places you’ve read about in books that you’d like to visit in the real or fictional world, past, present or future? Let’s talk in the comments below!