If you didn’t know, binge-watching shows (and rewatching some of my old favorites) is another favorite hobby of mine, after reading and buying books. Honestly, most days I probably spend a lot more time curled up in bed watching episodes than reading. Think of all the reading I could be doing – but it’s just easier to watch an episode or two or five sometimes. 😜
I’m so glad to be doing this tag even though it’s not bookish! Thanks for tagging me, Isabelle @ Bookwyrm Bites. Brace yourselves! This is going to be a long one so maybe get something to munch on while you scroll. 😉
1. Favorite shows?
Too many to list them all but here are some of my favorites, each from a different genre:
- Friends: Isn’t it everybody’s favorite? I mean, really.
- Supernatural: This one is incredible, I only started watching it a couple years ago and I’ve already rewatched it twice. Thanks, Prime! 😜
- Outlander: Jamie. 💖 Need I say more? Okay. The books are amazing and the adaptation is fantastic.
- Castle: I wish this one hadn’t been canceled. 😢 Every single episode tackled a new case and this show had the perfect ratio of humor, action, suspense and romance. You don’t see that everywhere.
- Cougar Town: I loved every minute of this show, and cried when it ended. It was just so much fun.
- Queer Eye: Recently found out about this one and I LOVE it! I think I cried in every other episode. Can’t wait for season 3!
2. Favorite genre?
I like to watch a wide variety of shows from Sitcoms to Makeover shows to Political dramas, Cop shows, Medical dramas, Fantasy shows and even Period dramas. Action, Romance, Comedy, Spy shows, etc. etc. I watch just about everything.
3. Least favorite show?
Ravenswood…you know, the Pretty Little Liars spin-off? Yeah, that one was just a mess. Good thing they canceled it.
4. Most rewatched show/favorite show to binge-watch?
- Full House
- Cougar Town
- How I Met Your Mother
- Fuller House
I can (and have) watch(ed) these shows over and over from beginning to end or just pick any rewatch any episode anytime. They make me so happy and lift my mood when I’m not feeling so good. All of these except Castle have 22-minute episodes but they’re all easy to watch and help me relax.
5. Do you prefer watching week-by-week or binge-watching?
Both. I like switching things up. It helps when some of the shows I watch are on hiatus or taking a break for a couple of weeks, I can just go back and rewatch old favorites or catch up on others that have been out for a while. Watching week-by-week, however, helps keep me in check – I could otherwise spend hours just watching shows and not doing much else. And I have. 😋
6. Favorite TV characters?
This is a tough one. I watch a LOT of shows and I have a ton of favorites:
- Friends: Monica, Chandler, Ross, Rachel, Joey, Phoebe, Mike
- How I Met Your Mother: Ted, Marshall, Lily, Barney, Robin
- Outlander: Jamie, Claire
- Shadowhunters: Magnus Bane
- Castle: Rick, Kate, Javier, Kevin, Lanie
- The Vampire Diaries: Damon, Caroline, Alaric
- Cougar Town: Jules, Grayson, Ellie, Andy, Laurie
7. Favorite TV ships?
- Chandler & Monica (Friends)
- Ross & Rachel (Friends)
- Jamie & Claire (Outlander)
- Marshall & Lily (How I Met Your Mother)
- Jesse & Becky (Full House)
- Rick & Kate (Castle)
- Magnus & Alec (Shadowhunters)
- Vincent & Catherine (Beauty & The Beast)
- Damon & Elena (The Vampire Diaries)
- Grayson & Jules (Cougar Town)
8. Show you could never get into?
- Marvel’s The Punisher: Couldn’t make it past the first episode. Just no. I really liked Daredevil, well, at least the first and third seasons (the female lead in the second season was SO annoying) but The Punisher was just not for me. 🤷♀️
- Absentia: I loved Stana Katic in Castle but this one was just too dark for me.
- Game of Thrones: I had a love-hate relationship with this one. I’d binge-watch a season in 2 days unable to stop watching then leave it for months. That went on up till the Red Wedding episode of whatever season and then I just stopped. Couldn’t take any more of it.
- Stranger Things: I made myself watch about 5 episodes before deciding to let it go. Too creepy, and little kids in so much danger and being tortured. Not my kind of show.
9. Show you fell out of love with?
- A Series of Unfortunate Events: Liked the first season but the excitement of watching Neil Patrick Harris in the Count’s role wore off by then.
- The Good Doctor: I was really liking this one up until the 12th episode of the first season. That impromptu road trip is where they lost me.
- Elementary: Watched the first season, it was good, but then I lost interest.
- Arrow: This just became too repetitive, even though I stuck with it for at least 5 seasons. Loved the first 3 seasons.
- The Flash: Same reason as above.
- Riverdale: First season was great, I couldn’t stop watching it. But the second season was a mess, I stopped around halfway through, I think.
- The Resident: Started watching this for Matt Czuchry (loved him in Gilmore Girls) and Emily VanCamp (loved her in Revenge) but things took a turn by episode 12 or 13. Another medical show that didn’t turn out like I needed.
- Happy Together: Probably stopped around the 8th episode, didn’t think it was going to go anywhere.
- 13 Reasons Why: Binge-watched the first season within a day but 2 minutes in the second season, I stopped, I just couldn’t watch it anymore.
- Burden of Truth: This one was good, I had been looking for a good lawyer show, good premise, nice actors and representation, the first season was really good – I just haven’t felt like watching the second season yet.
- Santa Clarita Diet: Nathan Fillion (Castle) was in the first episode. That’s it. Then she ate him. 😒 I did watch the first season but I was pretty annoyed by the end.
- Station 19: This one had real potential but I wasn’t enjoying it as much as I’d hoped. Just didn’t match the same level of excitement and interest as Grey’s Anatomy.
10. Canceled too soon?
- Designated Survivor: I cried so hard when I saw the last episode of the second season and heard that it had been canceled. This is a really, really good show. And I’m so glad Netflix picked it up but there hasn’t been any news or release date announced for the third season so far. I really hope it’s happening.
- Marvel’s Daredevil: This was going so well! They’d set up a new villain and everything for the 4th season. It shouldn’t have been canceled.
- Gilmore Girls: A Year In The Life: They just left me hanging. Too many unanswered questions. It’s just cruel to not answer questions.
- Person of Interest: This one had a decent run but I just loved it too much and didn’t want it to end even though the characters had probably endured enough. They did give it a proper ending but I wish it hadn’t been canceled.
- White Collar: Same reason as above. Loved this show!
11. Guilty pleasure show?
- Cougar Town
- What Not To Wear
- Fuller House
I love each of these shows because they make me happy. Cougar Town is adorable and funny, What Not To Wear is a lot of fun, Fuller House is sweet and hilarious, Shadowhunters is exciting and engaging and of course, adorable because of Malec.
12. Currently watching?
- House MD: Rewatching this at the moment.
- Grey’s Anatomy: I need to see Meredith get a happy ending though it’s been going on too long. It’s still a nice show, though.
- Legacies: This is surprisingly nice! A younger crowd than The Vampire Diaries so some annoying teen drama but I’m liking it so far.
- The Neighborhood: It’s funny. 😁
- Brooklyn Nine-Nine: Great for binge-watching, but I’m not enjoying watching one episode a week.
- The Rookie: Another new show I’m really liking a lot. It’s not exactly like Castle but it’s still quite exciting, action-packed and keeps me engaged.
- Crazy Ex-Girlfriend: A quirky, crazy, fun show but it’s ending. 🙈
- Man With A Plan: Definite Joey vibes but it’s a fun, adorable show.
Phew! That was a LONG post. Hope you had a tub of popcorn or something to get you through it. 😋 Please don’t stage an intervention. 🙈
Time for tagging some lovely bloggers:
- DB @ DBs Guide to the Galaxy
- Charvi @ Not Just Fiction
- Nandini @ Unputdownable Books
- Sahi @ My World of Books
- Mridula @ Ecstatic yet Chaotic
- Dany @ Ambivert Words
- Laurie @ Laurie’s Bookshelf
- Shalini @ Book Rambler
Do you watch any of the shows mentioned in this post? Any favorites? Who are your favorite TV show couples? Let me know in the comments below!