Hello and happy Tuesday! March really seems to be going by fast. It’s time for another Top 10 Tuesday already and I feel like I just did one.
This week’s prompt is Standalone Books That Need A Sequel but I couldn’t think of any – I haven’t read many standalones, or at least not ones where I was dissatisfied with the story and wanted more. So, I decided to list the top 10 series that I have started reading but need to read the sequels to continue/finish them.
- Obsidio (Illuminae Files #3) by Jay Kristoff and Amie Kaufman: I read Illuminae and Gemina a while back and then had to wait till I could get my hands on a paperback copy of Obsidio so even though I loved the first two books, I need to reread them before I can finally pick up and read Obsidio.
- Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices #3) by Cassandra Clare: Just need to read Clockwork Princess and then City of Heavenly Fire and I can finally get started on Lady Midnight! Honestly, I’ve been enjoying the Shadowhunters TV Show more than the books. 🙈
- Restore Me (Shatter Me #4) by Taheren Mafi: I’ll be rereading Ignite Me before I read this one but they’re both on my TBR for this year. I can’t wait to read more Warner and Kenji scenes! 😉
- Queen of Attolia (The Queen’s Thief #2) by Megan Whalen Turner: Just read The Thief back in early February and even though it was a slow start, I’m really looking forward to continuing on with this series!
- Traitor To The Throne (Rebel of the Sands #2) by Alwyn Hamilton: Read the first book last year and enjoyed but haven’t continued with the series yet, though I want to see where the story will go.
- Of Blood And Bone (Chronicles of the One #2) by Nora Roberts: Year One was such an amazing start to this trilogy, one of my best reads last year! I am so excited to read the sequel but I might wait to read it closer to the final book’s release later this year so I can marathon them both. 😍
- Wildcard (Warcross #2) by Marie Lu: I really enjoyed Warcross, partially because of the hype, maybe, but I liked it. I just haven’t felt like picking up Wildcard after seeing the mixed (mostly negative) reactions to it, but I want to cross off this duology soon.
- Rebel Spring (Falling Kingdoms #2) by Morgan Rhodes: Another series I started last year but haven’t gone back to yet, but need to.
- This Cruel Design (This Mortal Coil #2) by Emily Suvada: This Mortal Coil was an absolutely mind-blowing read with lots mystery and action and I can’t wait to read the sequel!
- Shadow of Night (All Souls Trilogy #2) by Deborah Harkness: I read and enjoyed a story about witches and vampires after a really long time – not to mention that the sequel is about to take place in a different setting and the TV show for A Discovery of Witches was so good! I’m so excited to see what will happen next. 😊
There are many more series I’m currently reading and should continue and finish or at least catch up to however many sequels are out. But these are my top 10 that I want to read this year. I really need to work on finishing series I start.
Do you also start a series without finishing the previous ones? Have you read or want to read any of the series/authors mentioned above? Talk to me in the comments below!